Monday, July 27, 2009
Here he is, as a clock, for a coworker.
I still feel like there must be a better canvas for him.
Then again, he does have a certain rock star quality to him…
Forget Obama Girl, Ani Difranco sings it best:
Monday, July 20, 2009
Despite being on crutches for my first few shifts, I had a fantastic time volunteering again this year.
- Going backstage for The Dead Weather. Chris and I were within spitting distance of Jack White. So cool.
- Getting to see the big acts for free. Would I be willing to shell out for KISS concert tickets? Probably not. Was it an awesome show? Hell yes. Same goes for Stone Temple Pilots and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Scoring Gold Circle tickets for the last day. Being a volunteer sometimes comes with incredible perks like being this close to the stage for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
- Watching my favourite musicians and discovering new ones to love. I knew that Metric and Sam Roberts would rock but I was amazed by some shows I just stumbled into such as That 1 Guy.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
If I’m not careful, I’ll soon wind up in something like this.
We're navigators, we're aviators, eatin' taters, masturbatin' alligators, bombardiers, we got no fears, won't shed no tears, we're pushin' the frontiers of transcendental perception...
If only all magic bus riders were as cute as Jim Sturgess…
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
While spacious, Nim and Noi’s current cage isn’t very stylish. Especially now that I’ve had to cover some sections with wire mesh and twist ties as they’ve discovered how to break out between some of the wider spaced bars. I would love to give the girls something this cool.
Monday, July 6, 2009
- watched the Snowbirds flyby from my roof
- ogled some cool crafts in Major’s Hill Park
Trying on a very expensive wool mask by Denise Richard
- marveled at the eclectic collection of buskers
- hung out on the Hill sporting patriotic colours
body painting by Chris
- watched the fireworks!
Friday, July 3, 2009
It was a great chance for Chris and I to test out some of the survival stuff we're bringing to Burning Man.
Isn't our tent cute? It's just big enough to fit our double air mattress (with built in foot pump for only $15 on sale!).
We got an awesome canoe-in campsite not far from High Falls, where there's a cool natural waterslide.
Unfortunately, on our way back from the falls, I slipped on a rock and broke my toe. Looks like I won't be playing ultimate for a while.
On the bright side, since my swollen toe wouldn't fit in any of my shoes, I had to go pick up some of the gladiator sandals I've been coveting since they were all the rage with the cool kids at Bluesfest last year. Naturally, I bought two pairs.