I've been rushing to finish all my record orders before heading home for the holidays. I wish I could have spent more time on this one, but hopefully the guy who begged me to make him a Neil Young record will like it.
I’m sorry it’s been so long since I’ve written to you, but you know how busy I’ve been.
Come christmastime, I usually ask for very practical gifts like power tools and towels, but now that Chris and I are living together in our new apartment, we’ve got more linens and tools than we have space to put them in.
So, since we’re so close (remember back when I worked as a mall elf?), I hope you don’t mind that I’m asking for some rather out there items.
For Christmas I would like:
1. Powerstrider stilts - Just imagine how much faster my walk to work would be! For on the playa, Halloween or just a stroll around Ottawa, jumping stilts would be so awesome.
2. a pith helmet - I seem to remember asking for a safari hat when I was in elementary school. Maybe you’ll have an easier time bringing me one now that they are so readily available on the internet.
if you really want something more sensible,
3. a turn table - I probably shouldn’t admit it, but currently I have over 800 records and no way to play them.
4. camping gear - You can’t go wrong with camping stuff for Burning Man.
5. warm mitts, scarves and tuques - It’s cold in Ottawa!
If you're still stuck for ideas, absolutely anything in my etsy favourites would be a safe bet.
No matter what you bring me, I’m sure I’ll love it.
PS: Surely stilts are nothing compared to the puppy you brought me in 1989
I've been painting like crazy over the last week to have enough records to bring to Ladyfest's Tarts N' Crafts Holiday Sale. I'm so glad that it was all worth it. Chris and I had a great day at the sale.
Here's some of what we brought with us:
Pink Floyd's Division Bell
Sparkly David Bowie
Photo crasher Simone was a little disappointed that she didn't get to come to Tarts N' Crafts too.
All my blog posts about painted records can be found here.
Add the fact that Chris bought me flowers yesterday for no reason, and I'm feeling very loved.
Thank you to everyone who voted for my costumes on instructables.com and to Manny for saying such nice things about me! If you're interested in seeing all my blog posts about my costumes, you can find them here.
The walls of my new office are painfully bare to the point that my coworkers have been complaining about it. I've been struggling to come up with something to put up that is both work appropriate and something I want to stare at all day. When I saw this photo by Scott London I knew the search was over.
I've ordered a 20x30 print and I can't wait for it to arrive.
Part of the proceeds from the sale of his Burning Man photos goes to charity, so if you're in the market for some pretty pictures, you should check them out.