Currently obsessed with: Burning Man

I, like most people, had heard about Burning Man. Whenever the event was referenced in pop culture or brought up in conversation, I thought it sounded cool, but that was about it.

So how did I get to the point where I have, in the last few days, spent countless hours combing over every article and image on burningman.com?

(Caroline Miller, 2008)

I’m going to blame naked bike riders.

Last weekend, Chris and I watched part of the World Naked Bike Ride’s ride through Ottawa. Neither of us have bikes, nor do we typically feel comfortable removing our clothes in public, so we weren’t participating, but we did cheer them on. I support their attempt to draw attention to cyclists and how vulnerable they are on the roads.


That being said, their body painting was rather pathetic.

Chris and I started talking about how we could do much better and then it evolved into a discussion on where we might be able to actually do said body painting…

So now we’re going to Burning Man.

I can hardly wait.
This promises to be a truly epic adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration