Happy Halloween!

House Decorations Halloween 2013

We were so excited to have a house to decorate for Halloween! I actually started working on some of the decorations while we were still living in the motel - I just couldn't wait to work on Halloween crafts!

House Decorations Halloween 2013

I haven't been feeling well for the past few days, so we didn't do much beyond decorate the front yard and hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.

Pumpkins Halloween 2013

We weren't sure how many kids to expect, so we bought candy for over 100 (my coworkers told me there would be lots of kids downtown). In the end we only had 13 kids come to the door, so there's lots of leftovers for Chris to enjoy. The children who did come by were super impressed with our decor, especially the fog machine. I think we'll have to step it up next year to draw in more trick-or-treaters. You've got to build a reputation, right?

I've posted the full instructions on instructables for how we made Zero, the ghost dog from the Nightmare Before Christmas, in our motel room.

Zero - Nightmare Before Christmas

The Oogie Boogie Man in the window is just a cardboard cut out (inspired by that awesome house that was all the rage on reddit).

House Decorations Halloween 2013

Our neighbours have been super nice to us (being extremely nice seems to be norm in the north) so I made some cake ball eyeballs to give them. I used red velvet cake and smarties for the irises and followed Bakerella's instructions.

Eyeball cake balls

Comments

Unknown said…
Welcome to Whitehorse.

I was checking out your decorations on here yesterday and realized this morning that your house is down the street from my wife's work - small world/town

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration