Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm 31 today.
Shortly after my 29th birthday I posted a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30. I didn't write a follow up last year because I wasn't ready to reveal that I was pregnant, but I think it's pretty amazing what's happened in my life since 2013. 29-year-old me could never have guessed that today I'd be living with my amazing husband and adorable son in our house in the Yukon.

Here's the list again, with some updates.

The Big 3
1. Buy a house (done!)
2. Get married (done!)
3. Have a baby (done!)

The rest of the list
4. Look my best in a bikini at Burning Man (We didn't go last year because I was pregnant and sadly we will be missing the burn again this year for a wedding - no excuses for 2016!)
5. Visit the Maritimes (done! Chris tagged along when I went to Halifax for work last summer. It was great but we'd still love to see more of the East Coast)
6. Run on stilts (I'm going to cite pregnancy as a reason a lot of these aren't crossed off)
7. Have at least one room done to the point where it could be featured on a blog house tour
8. Shave my head (done!)
9. Move my blog to its own domain (why haven't I done this yet?)
10. Learn to dress in a way that “projects maturity” without sacrificing style (working on it...)
11. Dye my hair blue again
12. Sort and archive all my favourite photos, so we won’t lose them if the computer crashes or the house burns down (we have it backed up, but I'm a long way from having it sorted)
13. Get our finances sorted out so Chris doesn’t have to work full-time
14. Reduce my wardrobe to only items I love to wear
15. Start wearing jewellery regularly (does my wedding ring count?)
16. Learn to apply makeup (this is something a grown woman should be able to do!)
17. Grow our own food (there's room for improvement, but we started our garden last year)
18. Master the art of applying fake eyelashes
19. Renew my passport and put it to good use
20. Buy a DSLR and learn how to use it (I'm looking forward to taking some photography classes this summer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash's Guardians of the Galaxy Birthday Party

More Pop Bottle Inspiration